1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

calling all connecticut residents!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by annie3001, Sep 23, 2010.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    so did anyone notice an increase in their home electric bill? well i sure have today! [​IMG]
    i went on cl and p's website and holy crap! its as high now as if i have a 250 watt heat lamp going for the winter time! omg!! ugh! [​IMG]

2. Lisa202

Lisa202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2010
    Long Island NY
    I'm afraid to ask, but did the electric bill go up a lot from a 250 heat bulb? Please please no. Would infrared make a difference?

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    it seemed higher with the heat lamp on in the winter..........yeah and its not winter yet! [​IMG]

4. fosterchick

fosterchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine is less this month then last, but I stop the AC on this bill. But I also noticed it is a 32 day bill.

5. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    I freaked out at work....it was $2000 more than usual. But, it was an estimated bill for 39 days. I finally gave up at home and went on budget payments. At least that way I have a set amount of money going out every month.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by