Calling all duck people, I need help!

BarnDoorClosed

Chirping
May 24, 2018
I let my babies out this morning to roam and all was good. Mid day I saw them both and one was winking at me, aww so cute, this a really long wink...wait a minute wth?? So she keeps her eyes squinted and its red on the inside rim , doesn't seem to be swollen, no discharge but her eye looks wet all around it. When I pick her up to inspect she keeps the eye closed. Looking in her eye I do not see a scratch or any debris. I wiped it off good with a warm cloth and put some contact solution to flush it. What else can I do, put on or in it, just wherebdobi go from here??? Its just the one eye effected. Anyone with experience with this or anyone with a opinion what it might be please leave comments below, THANK YOU in advance for any and all info!! Lovebug is a Pekin and 7 months old. She lives in the chicken coop with her sister wife/bff pekin girl. Lovebug #2(sister wife/bff) has no eye issue. They are in the coop at night and free range during the day. I clean their water pans throughout the yard daily with fresh water and they also have a kiddie pool in the coop. I have a picture of the gimp eye I will attach. The pic was before I wooed it off good. After wiping I checked her a few hours later and no change.

Attachments

• 20180924_145212.jpg
    20180924_145212.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 9
I let my babies out this morning to roam and all was good. Mid day I saw them both and one was winking at me, aww so cute, this a really long wink...wait a minute wth?? So she keeps her eyes squinted and its red on the inside rim , doesn't seem to be swollen, no discharge but her eye looks wet all around it. When I pick her up to inspect she keeps the eye closed. Looking in her eye I do not see a scratch or any debris. I wiped it off good with a warm cloth and put some contact solution to flush it. What else can I do, put on or in it, just wherebdobi go from here??? Its just the one eye effected. Anyone with experience with this or anyone with a opinion what it might be please leave comments below, THANK YOU in advance for any and all info!! Lovebug is a Pekin and 7 months old. She lives in the chicken coop with her sister wife/bff pekin girl. Lovebug #2(sister wife/bff) has no eye issue. They are in the coop at night and free range during the day. I clean their water pans throughout the yard daily with fresh water and they also have a kiddie pool in the coop. I have a picture of the gimp eye I will attach. The pic was before I wooed it off good. After wiping I checked her a few hours later and no change.
They live in the chicken coop - together with chicken? If yes, one of the chickens might thought a duck eye tastes good.
Chicken are known to pack on each other's and on other birds.
If there are no chicken, do as you would do when your eye is irritated: No bright light, no drafts. If she is still submerging her head in water, try chamomile.
She's a cutie! Like pekins, they have a friendly, meek face.

They live in the chicken coop - together with chicken? If yes, one of the chickens might thought a duck eye tastes good.
Chicken are known to pack on each other's and on other birds.
If there are no chicken, do as you would do when your eye is irritated: No bright light, no drafts. If she is still submerging her head in water, try chamomile.
She's a cutie! Like pekins, they have a friendly, meek face.
Well and of course, if there are chicken, keep her away from them, no bright light, no drafts.
And chamomile too. If she's not submerging her head, soak a clean cotton with warm, strong chamomile tea and cover her eye with that for as long as she let's you. The oils in chamomile calm the irritation and are a mild antibiotic.

Back
Top Bottom