Calling all fish owners! Is this Tetra going to lay eggs? Edit: Solved

Yeah, that would be messy. No need to remove it. There is beneficial bacteria in that gravel that you will mess up if you remove it so just leave it. Over tank filters are super easy to maintain. Pretty much, just change the cartridge once a month. When you go to start it, it just plugs in and starts, no power button. Just make sure to put some water in the filter, so it doesn't run dry for the few seconds it takes to start up
Perfect. I'll just take out the top tubes and leave the bottom. I've read about the beneficial bacteria, no need to mess with that.
Perfect! That sounds easy. I'll pick one up next week at my local store, and use that. It will be easier if I get it there since I will also be able to get replacement cartridges.

When our betta fish got sick we isolated him in a little tank called a 3 way breeder, I think that's what it's called. It has a divider in it so you can put 2 fish in it, or 1 fish. It also has a bottom tray with horizontal holes in it that when a fish lays its eggs they go through it and so no fish can get to them.

When our betta fish got sick we isolated him in a little tank called a 3 way breeder, I think that's what it's called. It has a divider in it so you can put 2 fish in it, or 1 fish. It also has a bottom tray with horizontal holes in it that when a fish lays its eggs they go through it and so no fish can get to them.
I just ordered one, I think its going to work perfect. :)

Back
Top Bottom