1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Calling all Georgia Silkie breeders!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by E.M. Silkies, Sep 5, 2010.

1. E.M. Silkies

E.M. Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    Georgia
    I have yet to be able to find any Silkie breeders in Ga. If anyone knows of any or if you are in Ga please let me know. Would love to be able to find SQ Silkies a little closer to home. I am an hour sw of Atlanta do if anyone is relatively close, please let me know. Would also go to Alabama.

2. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    Join the american silkie bantam club. They have a state by state list of breeders if you join.

3. E.M. Silkies

Aug 7, 2010
    Georgia
    Thanks! That's definitely in my near future!

4. DANNY

DANNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
    I have some nice blues and blacks 1 hour north of Atlanta.

5. E.M. Silkies

Aug 7, 2010
    Georgia
    Quote:Do you have some pictures of them? I'd love to see what you have!

6. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Although I am in Gainesville, Fl. my daughter travels to Atlanta 1-2 times per months and can deliver. I currently have a lovely SQ blue pullet that is 4 months old. Also have 2 white SQ pullets and several SQ black pairs.

PM me if interested.

7. geosheets

geosheets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Ohio
    Mary Robbins (BYC user mbrobbins) is in Powder Springs... not sure what she has as far started birds but I hatched quite a few nice birds from eggs that I got from her this year. She's very nice to deal with.

8. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    I'm on the other end of the state, (Valdosta) but do have some very nice whites, partridge, and calico, all breaded, vaulted, and bare minimum breeder quality.
    They are all pictured on my website. we sell eggs and day olds on them, never able to keep any of our birds long enough to raise them up to started age birds, just got caught up on most for the year.

9. katieh30

katieh30 New Egg

Sep 6, 2013
    do you still have any silkies left and if so whats the cost and when can I come....

10. GoldenChicks16

GoldenChicks16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2013
    Winder, Georgia
    Breeding my light colored Buff Silkies in the spring. Looking for someone who has black, lavender, white, or blue/grey Silkies! Thanks. Im located about an hour from Atlanta and 30 minutes from Athens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by