CALLING ALL MARYLANDERS!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ChuckenGirl, Dec 25, 2007.

1. ChuckenGirl

ChuckenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2007
    Maryland :)
    heyy =]
    so what type of chickens do you have?
    any interest in selling?

preferably old english game hens

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2007
  2. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Hey neighbor!

I'm breeding Cuckoo Marans (true to the French type), Polish (just got into these; have standard white-crested blacks), and I just hatched some Easter Eggers a few months ago. The Easter Eggers are from pure Ameraucana stock, but must have some Easter Egger/non-standard colors in their recent ancestry, because most of them are off-colored (which is why I'm calling them Easter Eggers, not Ameraucanas!)

Right now I've got one (maybe two, I've got a "suspect" in the bunch) Easter Egger roo that's free!! [​IMG] I had a few extra hens for sale, but I'm holding them for someone.

I just have my breeding pairs/trios of the Marans and Polish right now; hopefully in the spring I will have hatching eggs and possibly chicks/started birds (in small quantities, as I'll be working to expand my flocks of these guys).

If you're interested in a free roo let me know! Unfortunately that's all I've got right now. Like I said, in the spring I should have more available. I've got pics of everything (including the Marans eggs) if you're interested.

3. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    In Elkton, have about 6 roos you could have your choice of read bottom to see assortment I have.

Cruchie I dont have a bator, but if you hatch out extra Cuckooos that are not up to your standards, let me know I could probably find some room around here. [​IMG]

4. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Hi mdbucks,

No bator?? You better have a good talking-to with Santa, he must have been off his game this year! [​IMG] Seriously, If the girls cooperate hopefully I'll have some extras in the spring! I think everyone is pretty much done for the winter now--I haven't gotten an egg in weeks (I don't put them under lights). I got some really nicely colored eggs from my Marans hens this fall, and I can't wait 'till they start up again--my bator has been cold for awhile now!

5. ChuckenGirl

Dec 22, 2007
    hmm crunchie i'll talke to my dad about your offer. so what kind of chickens do you have?
    =]

haha and mdbucks it took me forever to realize what md stood for =]

6. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    The roosters I'm trying to find homes for are Easter Eggers (from Ameraucana stock, but non-standard colors). They are 3 months old. They came from pretty nicely colored blue-green eggs.

Here's one:

[​IMG]

And the big on in the front with the big gold spot is the second:

[​IMG]

7. ChuckenGirl

Dec 22, 2007
    aww there so cute!
    my dad said no though =[
    if you had oeg hens then he'd say yes.
    or sebrights =]