1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Calling all NEW Brinsea Eco owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CDennis, Dec 15, 2010.

1. CDennis

CDennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Idaho
    I know...I know...its not good to count your chickens before they hatch...but for so many of us, the "incubator is in the mail" and it will be our first run at hatching or hatching with the Brinsea Eco at least, for me my FIRST TIME EVER. I was thinking, it sure would be fun to get a Brinsea hatch group, and journey through this process together. Hopefully some of the pro's at eco hatching...pointing my finger directly at BARALAK and a few others hatchers would be kind enough to participate in the thread (you don't have to hatch, but we would sure love the input!). Since most of us have recently ordered and may not have our incubators yet I was thinking the middle of January to start but I would be open to suggestions. This thread is just intended to test the water and see if a newbie Brinsea group hatch would be something of interest.
    What does everyone think? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I've had mine for almost two years and I wish y'all had done this when I had my first hatch.

3. CDennis

Apr 1, 2009
    Idaho
    Quote:Well I hope you will still consider hatching or at least coaching us. [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

Quote:Well I hope you will still consider hatching or at least coaching us. [​IMG]

I am part of the New Year's Day hatchalong right now, but have no plans to stop anytime soon. SHHH don't tell Ken. [​IMG] I will be more than happy to help out where I can. I will also tell you that I do not know everything. [​IMG]

5. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I'm pretty sure there's already a newbie Brinsea hatching thread... [​IMG] I'll have to go look for it, I've been watching as I am getting one for Christmas, shhh don't tell bf... [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

Quote:There is a thread about who bought one recently, but not about who is hatching with it for the first time.

7. CDennis

Apr 1, 2009
    Idaho
    Quote:I couldn't find it, but I might have missed it. If there is one it would be helpful for sure, but I think it would also be great to get a new Brinsea hatch group together for Jan-Feb...sounds like you will have a new one as well! Don't worry your secret is safe.

8. chickenology

chickenology Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2010
    Ohio
    A large box came in the mail last week to DH from Brinsea. He is acting strange and said I can't open it until Christmas - I had an incubator on my "list", and this must be it!!! I don't know what model it is, but I specified that I needed an automatic turner. I have contacted a breeder for eggs, and they will hopefully arrive the first week of January. I would love to have some incubating buddies to wait it out with! I'm sure it's an incubator or DH would have told me to quit yacking about the eggs by now. So much to learn, so little time!! [​IMG]:ya

9. debilorrah

Quote:I promise to be here to help you guys with what I do know, but I do not know it all. I can tell you that if you are going to set shipped eggs, try to make sure they have to travel as little mileage as possible, and know ahead of time that a 50% hatch rate from shipped eggs is REALLY REALLY good.

10. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    I should get mine tomorrow.
    I accidently bid on eggs again.........but...she had the barred wyandotte bantam and I just couldn't stop myself. [​IMG]
    I plan on breeding the standard size so I wonder if I hatch a hen I can safely breed her to my black roo?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by