calling all organic gardeners Update: problem solved thanks guys!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AHappychick, Apr 16, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    does anyone know of any organic grass fertilizer that comes in a blue granual????

Please say yes (although I find it hard to believe) and if you know the brand please tell me that too.

For years I have supplied my gardener (only mows and blows the leaves) with fertilizer that was organic, well he is having surgery so his BIL is taking over and there is blue stuff ALL OVER MY LAWN EVERYTHING I HAVE WORKED TO ACOMPLISH MAY BE RUINED!!!!! i DID NOT KNOW THEY WERE COMIG AND THEY DID IT WHILE i WAS OUT. i HAVE CALLED AND HE BARELY SPEAKS ENGLISH BUT KEEPS SAYING IT IS ORGANIC i DONT BELIEVE HIM [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. me&thegals

me&thegals Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Ask him for the bag. I never use fertilizer on my lawn. The grass clippings work their way down to the soil and work as its own fertilizer. Good luck!

3. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I have but I am afraid he is gonna switch them out. I am so upset I think I am going to throw up!!!

4. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

It doesn't sound like it's organic---Blue? I'm really sorry, I would be bummed too. People don't understand the importance of organic unless they too are organic.

5. me&thegals

Apr 30, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Does anything graze on your lawn or are you concerned from an environmental standpoint? Does your lawn drain to a pond of other body of water? The only organic lawn care catalog I know of is Gardens Alive. You can find them online. Maybe they would be able to tell you if any organic lawn fertilizers are blue.

6. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    My gardens and fruit trees are spread all over. I grow only using organic methods. I have gone to great lenghths and worked so hard for sooooo many years on this. There is no wy to stop what has happened. Oh I kow it is not the stuff from gardens alive used the many times. It would have to be something sold locally. I cant believe this is happening to me

7. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    he just ruined my whole livelyhood I sell my foods at the farmers market:hit [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. me&thegals

Apr 30, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Oh nuts! I am SO SORRY! If it was just lawn, that would really stink. If things ate your lawn, that would really, really stink. I sell at market, too, so I can't even imagine!!

This is going to sound crazy, but I'm not sure what else to suggest. If this is still dry, not soaked in or watered, could you vacuum the whole lawn with a shop vac? It sounds crazy, but you've got your livelihood and reputation on the line here.

9. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    its an acre and a half I guess I could vaccume it.... do you think that would work?

10. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    they are supposed to be coming by with the bag now. So help me if they lied to me, really I cant even think straight I am seeing RED, I am going outside to calm down and wait for them to arrive, but if anyone knows the answer to my question I would really appreciate it.

I am hoping it is some new organic miricle grow or scotts that I have yet to have seen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by