Calling All Orpington Gurus!!

Pics

CrazyClucks

Chirping
Nov 6, 2020
I currently have English Blue, Lavender, Jubilee, Mottled and Splash Orp hens and a Lavender orp roo! I’m picking up a Black orp hen to breed back to the Lav to maintain the feather quality but I’m also in the market to get another Roo that could possibly make some interesting coloring and patterns in the offspring! I’m wanting to start a project breed but I can’t seem to figure out which roo I should get that would work with the colors I have currently!! Please help with ideas!!
71F2ECBC-8C2C-4AC8-9F27-3A99CC9DF6A8.jpeg
50DE533F-3FD7-451D-BB9A-194B37FA2F01.jpeg

I currently have English Blue, Lavender, Jubilee, Mottled and Splash Orp hens and a Lavender orp roo! I’m picking up a Black orp hen to breed back to the Lav to maintain the feather quality but I’m also in the market to get another Roo that could possibly make some interesting coloring and patterns in the offspring! I’m wanting to start a project breed but I can’t seem to figure out which roo I should get that would work with the colors I have currently!! Please help with ideas!!View attachment 2405584View attachment 2405585
Birds are stunning! Recommend checking out the English Orpington thread. Also will tag @faraday and @ColtHandorf 😊

Are y’all summoning the Orpington guru of all gurus 😂😂 funny how y’all both thought of the same person! I’m so excited to talk about this!! I’ve been thinking about it for over a month!! I just recently joined and thought to ask!
Happy is definitely an orp guru. I don't know how much experience (he? HAPPY WHY WON"T YOU TELL ME YOUR PRONOUNS) has with the fancy breeding though. @The Moonshiner mainly does leghorns, but may have mentioned orps? I think? there's kinda a thing going on where a bunch of us think that cochins are superior and a bunch think that orps are superior so we're having a friendly debate.

Back
Top Bottom