calling all people with expirence showing bantam cochins

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by maransfan16, Feb 27, 2014.

1. maransfan16

maransfan16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    southwest kentucky
    hello i have one bantam Cochin hen i think will do really well in a show i have never shown before so a guide on how to do that would be helpful. but any way i am wanting to know what judges looks for in bantam Cochin's.BTW she has been free ranging for almost two years so she doesn't produce as many feathers as she used to (yes i know how dumb that sounds but it seems that every time i free range the chickens that are supposed to have alot of feathers have less than they should) so when i got her she had a nice large well shaped tail and now it has shrunk in size and she doesn't have very long feathers on her shanks. so my plan is to put her in a pen by herself with a VERY good diet. should i keep her in a solid floor pen or will wire be OK? any tips and things to look out for will be appreciated

2. maransfan16

maransfan16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    southwest kentucky
    if it helps i can post a picture of her so anyone who can help can tell me what i need to work on with her

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by