Calling All Plymouth Rock Breeders!!!

BlueCamas

Songster
8 Years
Aug 25, 2011
Milwaukie, Oregon
I have 3 mature Black and Blue Bantam Plymouth Rock cockerels and I have to pick "The Keeper" for the breeding pen and one for a back-up. They have all been to shows, but neither one has shown an outstanding difference over the others. I haven't been breeding or showing long enough to make very educational guesses, so that's where you guys come in to help.

Blue Cockerel: almost 7 months, sorry for the crappy lighting.

Black Cockerel: 7 months less "fluff" than the Blue

Black Cock: Just over a year father to both of the above cockerels. Unfortunately, all of my BBS Rocks are very related as I can't seem to find any other bloodlines.

on the right

If this helps, here are a couple of the pullets I will have them over. They are only 5 months so are still on the smaller side.

OPINIONS ARE GREATLY WELCOMED!
smile.png

There is a "Plymouth Rock Tread!" you could post on. For new blood added to your flock you could find some quality bantam Barred Plymouth Rock pullets or hens. You'll get blue and black hens with the blue rooster over them and barred cockerels. Discard the cockerels and keep your best hens to breed. With one or two exceptional barred kept you'll improve stock and get sexlinks (barred cockerels will have spot on head) so can rid the cockerels before spending money on feed.

Back
Top Bottom