Calling all Project Breeders...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by wclawrence, Jan 11, 2008.

1. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

I am just wanting to know, since spring is coming, and coming soon...What are your plans for breedings this year? Or at least, if say you are crossing one breed with another to make a new color of the breed you are making...follow me?...
    Just wondering who here is making a new variety of something, or working on yet another designer breed.

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I'm anxious to see what my SF rooster will produce when crossed on the girls I have, particularly the Speckled Sussex females, but I probably don't qualify as a "Project Breeder"

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    want to see what my blue wheaton amarucana roo X salmon Fovorrel hens look like.

Henry

4. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I'm crossing back my Silkie/phoenix roo with both EE's and silver phoenix, (maybe white Silkies, if any of these chicks turn out to be hens) just out of curiosity. I would like to develop a long tail with beard, muffs and feathered legs, with those extraordinary Hiro colors. [​IMG]

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I am planning to cross my Black and white Polish Roo, with a Salmon Faverole hen. Should be interesting....top hat AND a beard! LOL

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:absolutely- I have an amauracana hen and plan on getting more.

7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    no I meant I want to see sorry not yet mabe in acouple months LOL
    Henry

8. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:LOL- sorry I misunderstood. How 'bout you post your ameraucana x faverolles and I'll post my faverolles x ameraucana when they get here?

9. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Definatly They are all about 3 1/2 months so in about two months sorry for the wait. LOL

Henry

10. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I have a couple green bantam eggs on day 2 under a broody. They are EE bantam bl.splashXblue splash silkie rooster. That makes them due about jan 31 or feb 1st [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by