Calling all scovie owners! Are these scovies?

newchickmom09

Songster
10 Years
Jul 15, 2009
ARIZONA
Well, today I went to a ladies house and she had some beautiful chocolate scovies that just had ducklings.
love.gif
She also had some scovies that were white and black. I was only supposed to pick up two chicks when I went there. I had been thinking about getting scovies and getting rid of my swedish mixes since Cocoa is just so loud. WHen I saw these guys I just fell in love. The drakes were HUGE! I told her I would take two, one from one mother and another from the other mother so I wouldn't have brother and sister breeding. I figured different blood lines would be better in the long run. After I pick this brown one from the chocolate group, this group is fenced of just them. Then I picked this white one. I paid then left. I drive an hour and a half home and start to think that I saw a bunch of pekin ducks running around with all of these white and black scovies. It didn't dawn on me there that the white one could be a mix and end up being a mule (I think that is how scovie mixes go). So my question is does this white one look like a full scovie or it is to early to tell? They both have VERY long nails so I figured that was a good sign.

100_3045.jpg

100_3040.jpg

100_3038.jpg

100_3021.jpg

100_3015.jpg

100_3014.jpg

100_3009.jpg

100_3046.jpg

Last edited:
IMO, yes. My scovie babies could climb much better than a regular duckling, they were much more vocal, and had a long and short appearance. Does that ring a bell?

Quote:
I guess it does. It took me a couple times to figure out what you where meaning.
roll.png
I had a long hot day driving.

I don't know if this would help to determain yes or no but every pekin there had a crest. It doesn't look like this one has any kind of crest.

Last edited:
Definitely on the yellow one, it's a Blue or Black barred. I am really not sure on the brown one. I have some Pekin/Khaki/Muscovy Mule babies right now that are that color, they have VERY short butts, almost no tails from underneath(strange i thought). Muscovies generally have long, pointy-ish tails, even as babies & have a fatter appearance than mules or mixed breeds.

try to get a good side pic & top pic of the brownie.

ETA: I just read, if the chocolates were fenced off the brown one is probably pure, just a wiggly thing and got bad pics. Muscovy bills are obviously different than mallard derived breeds and mules usually have normal mallard-like bills. Long nails is a Plus, my mules have stubby ones.

Last edited:
Bleenie~ The brown one does have a tail just liek the yellow, wide and long. He/she is just a wiggle butt.
tongue.png

I really can't tell the difference between the bills...does anyone have a good pic to show me?

Back
Top Bottom