CALLING all Serama Experts are these worth my time and money????

Cackling Hen

Just Scratching Around
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Port Angeles Wa
I can buy a pair for 40 bucks are they worth it do they look like Seramas
28795_semera.jpg

28795_semera_2.jpg

28795_semera_3.jpg

And here is the hen

Last edited:
I'm not a serama expert...but to me they look like seramas. I have some chicks and I just sold my extra ones for $10 each (2 weeks old at the time). No idea if they were anywhere near show quality. So I think $40 for two adults is reasonable if you really want them.

Yes, they look like Seramas, but very poor type, not even close. Wait for better ones. GARSH! I wish Ondra was here to answer your Quality Q's hahahaha I made a funny QQ's! OHHHHH nooooo....... tooooooooo much CAFFEINE....plus, I'm a tired teen who needs to go to bed and get to bed so i can go to School.... but I do know my Seramas. Big time. My friend is the #13 Official Serama Council of North America judge! And to prove my point, my Serama roo got best of breed at the state fair out of quite a few 'Ramas MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
All pet quality. Don't waste your money on them! I could recommend some quality breeders. I have heard rumors of serama mix breeding on the West side.......
These ones have long backs, short legs, non vertical wings, etc.

Quote:
gig.gif
I am here now!

Ondra's Seramas :

All pet quality. Don't waste your money on them! I could recommend some quality breeders. I have heard rumors of serama mix breeding on the West side.......
These ones have long backs, short legs, non vertical wings, etc.

Quote:
gig.gif
I am here now!

Thank you everyone.Thats what i thought not the greastest looking. So Ondra where can u direct me???? I think they look like mixed breeding I look at all of yours and everyone eles on here and these just seem off to me.....​

Last edited:
Quote:
gig.gif
I am here now!

Thats what i thought not the greastest looking So Ondra where can u directs me

There really aren't any good breeders selling in WA this year. that I know of. There are many good breeders on http://findaserama.com/ . They would all require shipping or a looooooonnnnngggggg drive. JerrysSeramas is great. BEST birds.

I just looked at your website You have some very pretty Seramas You are all sold out of chicks???? Do you ship when you have any?? Jerrys are very nice I might have to check into his hmmm i have wanted a pair for 3 years now:)

Those roos look like more pet quality to me....a little too long in the back, not enough roundness to their chest, and the last pretty roo's seems to be too long in the wing.......sometimes you can take an OK bird and breed it to something awesome and get great chicks if the genes are right and you know their breeding history, but I dont suggest paying that for all PQ birds.. Their chicks will more than likely be more culls. I find that you usually get a range of what the parents are. Also, if they are adults, you will want to know their weights if you are going to breed seriously to improve the quality and size of their offspring. The hen looks OK in that tiny pic, not exhibition quality, but looks chesty...some of the short back REALLY showy hens dont lay well, but you want to have good birds to start with.

Also..l.......
Im starting to sell this weekend! I have to take pics though, and post the pairs and extras with prices and contact all the people on my waiting lists. I ship also, was just waiting for the weather to cool. Are you looking to show or to breed? Thanks!

You can search my posts if you want and see pics of my breeders, and a few shots of the started chicks.
Best of Luck!

Quote:
I met that guy and got his card at the KY state fair! He was awesome and sooo helpful. Kelly and I followed him up and down the isles learning from him. That guy is great!!! I bought all the show winning hens they had there! I need to get up pics!
Congrats on the win!!
woot.gif

Also Cackling Hen, check out Ondra's BYC page for more info!

Back
Top Bottom