calling blue/ lavender breeders

breezes_banties_n_bratts

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 1, 2011
north west ohio
what color am i? getting called everything, even the red headed step child. can someone help me figure out who or what i am? my adopted mommy loves me, just doesnt know what to call me besides precious

SDC11676.jpg

we'll have to have an over all body shot to be able to tell you. Body looks similar to what they call porcelain in silkies, but the red head is wrong for that. Most likely it was just a random mix of silkies that it came from. Not a true color for the breed

Not every color has a name or is accepted. When colors get mixed, you get combinations that aren't going to have an official name. What are the parents? If you are trying to figure out what he might be carrying, that could be helpful.

I vote for red-headed stepchild.

Quote:
lau.gif

yep I like that one. He does look similar to what folks call porcelain, but the red head is off putting. Sonora Knows pretty much all the silkie colors.
But I dont think this is a true one, just a cool mix.
Does look to have some lavender at work in it though.

If we were in the UK, I imagine they would call this bird a Ginger Blue. Lovely pullet whatever the official (or unofficial) colour name.

not sure of parents, a local family owned hatchery. they buy all kinds of silkies from everywhere. they are not even sure where he came from, which hen or roo. they just gather the eggs and stick them in the bator. as far as the know he is the only one that came out that way. i just want more of him.

Back
Top Bottom