Calling MissPrissy and DipsyDoodleDoo-- You're grandmas! New pics Pg 3

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by NurseNettie, Apr 23, 2009.

1. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    For the life of me, I just can't find my camera right now-- sorry!!

However, I left for work about 9 hours ago with one of DDD's Ameraucana's pipping ( on day 19) and nothing going on with the Jumbo Coturnix Quail eggs I got from MissP.

I came home to a beautiful Ameraucana chick and the teeniest little quailie-poo!!!! They're both all dry and fluffy and snuggling in the incubator.
    Another quail egg is rocking, 3 AA eggs and a NNFrizzle egg are pipped.

Off to look for the camera, but I'm not getting my hopes up for pics tonight-- I'm beat and dont' want to tear the house apart.. since it's probably staring me in the face and I'll find it in the morning.

I'm very excited-- especially about the quail! I thought surely I'd get nothing out of this hatch since several eggs were cracked/frozen when I got them (cracked due to freezing, that is), so I figured I'd try but not expect anything! I hope for at least a friend for this little one [​IMG]

More later when I can get pics!
    Edit:
    Found the camera--right where I left it [​IMG] I got just a couple quick shots thru the top of the bator! More tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    My first one of her eggs DDD hatched out yesterday on day 19.

I now have 2 blacks, 1 blue and 1 splash out of the eggs w/ 2 more pips. Day 21 starts tomorrow morning at 8AM.

3. NurseNettie

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Very cool! I'm horrible at knowing what colors are what, but this one is fairly light colored, but the lights are down low so I can't be sure. Day 21 starts Saturday morning, so we've got a ways to go. Can't wait to see how it all turns out [​IMG]

Quote:

4. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Looks like my splash!

5. NurseNettie

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Oh neat!! We've got "bi-coastal" twins! (well, you're not coast, but pretty close!!!)

Quote:

6. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    We are far from each other AND both a long ways from South Carolina. That's the best packing job I've ever seen. At Day 18, 15/16 looked alive when I candled... and then the next day they start popping out. I wonder if my temp was too high. I've got to get a better Therm/hygro. I've got two and I don't trust either one!

7. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like my Splash and it came from DDD as well. Her eggs are the bomb!

[​IMG]

8. NurseNettie

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    I agree-- FABULOUS packing job!!

I also need a new thermometer/ hygrometer. I meant to pick up a new one the other day when I was "in town" but forgot to. The one I have is ok-- I'm not sure it's completely accurate, but it's consistent. I think the humidity reads low, but it doesn't fluctuate like the others I've got.

Quote:

9. NurseNettie

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    What a cutie! I can't wait til tomorrow when I can "hold" them [​IMG]

Quote:

10. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I wonder how many Lisa has in her flock... and what's the roo, what are the hens. What ratio of black/ blue/ splash etc...

I can't wait for these babies to grow up, but I'll enjoy them for now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by