Calling my Psychic Friends Network

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Aug 12, 2010.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I am planning a trip for tomorrow. Kinda long just me and the kids. I don't usually do trips like this without DH. I am getting conflicting feelings about this one.

I think if I do not go I may regret it as I "feel" that some one who may be there may not be long for this world.

However, I hate long drives like this (when I am the one driving [​IMG] ) and am not sure I want to see some of the people who may be there. So does anyone else get a vibe off of this??

BTW it is a beach trip and the weather there tomorrow is supposed to be iffy.......

Should I stay or should I go ?? (If I go there will be trouble, if I stay there will be double -- remember that song??)

2. The Tinman

The Tinman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Fairfield County CT
    I would go. If things start to go bad- Go to the beach.

3. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    I knew you were going to say that.

Go. You are there for the dying one, not the living ones.

4. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    Do go - because spending time with ones you love is priceless - memorys are what we cherrish always. Time with your kids - WOW take the time , as some of us were not blessed with them ... SO you go , you have fun, and meet everyone with a smile .

Besides it is the beach ... need I say more??

LOL

5. hangin'witthepeeps

hangin'witthepeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Colbert, GA
    I believe the words you are feeling are "doubt and/or dread". It makes a funny feeling in my stomach and chest. I know where you are coming from, but avoiding the conflict with others you do not like and may be not getting to say farewell to the one who "may not be here" will not help that situation. Go say your farewells and spend time with the ones you do like. If conflict arises, take a walk on the beach, do some shopping, excuse yourself to make an "important" phone call and call a friend or DH. Think of excuses to take you away from the bad situations that arise. Iffy weather aside, I love the beach and find it relaxing, even if its pouring rain, sit in a restaurant with windows to look out and drink some coffee. That's what I would do, spend time with loved ones and find me time in there too. Hope all goes well on your trip and may the conflict be at a minimum.

6. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I read your post, and got an icky feeling... so I say you should stay home...

7. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Never live life with regrets.

8. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    So....did you go?

9. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

If your gut is telling you that you should stay home, well I'd listen.

But then I'm big on instinct and in the end a coward when it comes to actually standing up to family conflicts...

10. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    It all worked out!

I DI NOT go! I called the uncle Friday and he said most people were coming Wednesday and the weather was going to be bad so we are going Wednesday. Whew!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by