calling poultry!

silkiemother

Crowing
Sep 14, 2018
east wenatchee
do you and your birds have a unique way to call each other? at my coop, first thing in the morning I yell "Babies"! and then listen for willow, our big 1 year old Pekin duck,and she is LOUD.and of course I also listen for Sparta and Batman,our bantam roosters, how do you guys make sure every one is there/ call for them? I would love to here how you guys do it.and if you want, you can post pictures of them answering your calls.

Callender Girl

Free Ranging
Sep 18, 2018
North Central Iowa
My call to my runner ducks is when it's time to come in for the evening. I yell, "House, house," and the six in the main flock run into their shelter, while the three younger ducks simultaneously run into their adjacent shelter.

I don't call to anyone in the morning; they are already yelling at me before the sun comes up, and I answer, "Yes, yes, I'm coming."

BantyChooks

Pullarius
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Aug 1, 2015
I say "Here, chick chick chick" or "Here, duck duck duck". Sometimes I just whistle the tune I use, which gets them running too. "Yoohoo" is also one I use now and then.

I bet I could say "Come here, you fat little feed guzzlers" and they would still come.

Top Bottom