calling speckled hen

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by redchicken, Jan 9, 2008.

1. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    speckledhen could I get some blue araucana chicks [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I just answered you in the Breeds section, red, but I'll repost it here, LOL. We must have cross-posted.
    I do currently have a Black Ameraucana cockerel with two Blue Ameraucana pullets (true breed, not Easter Eggers), however, I am booked up on eggs till the end of January and my boy and one of the girls are going to a new home at that time. I don't plan to breed Ameraucanas any longer, at least not for the forseeable future. Sorry! They are great birds, though. I'll only be keeping one of my girls and she'll go in with the laying flock. Mine do lay blue or greenish-blue eggs, however your eye perceives it.
    You won't find true Ameraucanas at a large hatchery; you'll need to get them from a smaller breeder to get a true Ameraucana or true Araucana. Jody (hinkjc) sells rumpless Araucanas right now that lay blue eggs

Edited to add: All my Ameraucana chicks are already sold. Sorry!​

3. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    So Cyn,
    Do you think the new owner would be inclined to ship eggs?
    BB

4. speckledhen

I don't know. She's never done it before. I'll tell her people are interested and see what she says.

****I asked. She may want to sell hatching eggs, but not for awhile. She wants them to hatch for herself first, however, she knows they're in demand.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  5. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    thanks anyway speckled hen

6. speckledhen

You're welcome! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by