Calling Speckledhen, or anyone else that knows barred rocks,pullets

Cynthia12

Always Grateful
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Apr 11, 2010
Utah
This baby was bought in a pullet bin. Not to sure at 5 weeks, or a little older what the gender is? Thanks
012-1.jpg

another..

013.jpg

one more..
018.jpg

Last edited:
Really? I'm going to cry now. I can't tell you what bad luck I've had with getting myself a nice young pullet! Anyone out there want to sell their really nice, realy sweet, really nice laying Barred Rock?? Didn't think so. I always think it doesn't hurt to ask.
big_smile.png

Sorry. People do advertise their BR laying hens all the time on CraigsList here though. They get tired of them, sometimes right at point of lay, and just want to get a little money back. Unfortunately, you then have the quarantine issues and risks associated with unknown chickens.

Quote:
Yes, and I do worry about that. I actually did have one man in the past though, that asked me if my chickens were well, and I would wear some shoes that I never wore into my coop area...I bought one of his birds.

Thanks all..and thanks Cynthia for showing up.

My RIR on the other one looks to be a roo too.

So, have already found a place for them both. How lucky not only for me, but for the birds..going to a real nice area with some real land to wander on.
Man I'm jealous of those folks that can have roosters.

Back
Top Bottom