Calling you experts! What's this crazy bird's breed???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sticksoup, Jun 18, 2009.

1. sticksoup

sticksoup Songster

Feb 23, 2009
    Bradenton
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She's about 18 weeks old and a complete mystery. She loves to fly and is quite good at it. She's also sweet as a button~ but we can't figure out her breed. Any ideas???

2. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    brown leghorn

3. sred98

sred98 Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Agreed! A beautiful brown leghorn! [​IMG]

Shelly

4. Peaguy

Peaguy Songster

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Definately brown leghorn she looks just like the 5 I have and mine are CRAZY!! They love to buzz the other birds when they are out in the run and drive them bonkers!
    Sweet birds but kinda flighty at least mine are. I am trying to withhod final judgement on them until I see how they are going to be as layers. Mine are approaching 18 weeks also.
    If the other birds let them live long enough to begin laying!!! BG my RIR roo is beginning to get a very "I'm king of this forest" type tude with them everytime they buzz him.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  5. sticksoup

sticksoup Songster

Feb 23, 2009
    Bradenton
    Wow- I think you all are right! I looked up Brown Leghorn and they looks identical to my little one.

Hee hee- flighty is right!

Thank you!! I thought she might be a Welsummer but I thought her comb was too long... I've never been a white egg eater so this will be a first. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: