Cam I raise ducks?

DuckiesPLZ

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 22, 2011
I currently go to school from 7am to 3pm, but I really was hoping to get a few pet ducks come next summer. will they be ok if I feed them in the morning and clean their cage and add water then when I get home let them out to play? I'm intending to keep 5-10 in a biiiig cage, what do you guys think??

I am still in high school, and I let them out before school, and dont put them back in until sun set time. They should be fine, if you have a feeder you can fill up, and plenty of water for them.

Im also in High school.. But now Home school, But When I went to school I always fed my birds in the evening. Then they had feed all night, into the late afternoon then I feed them again.. I cleaned out pools as soon as I got home.

What kind of cage are you talking about? An outside one? I leave food and water out all day, then when I put them in for the night they don't get food or water. If you give them food and water for the night always give them water with the food, never give them just food. Would you leave them in a the cage while your away and then let them outside when your home or what?

Quote:
I live in the woods with plenty of predators so I'll keep them in a cage pretty much as big as I can build, itll be outside and theyll have planty of room to forage, ill probably keep a kiddie pool in the cage during the day and let them out from 3-7 or 8 I would leave them out longer in the day but I won't be home so I worry... maybe I could ask my mom ( who works from home) if she could just let them out while I'm at school and look out every once in a while to do a head count and of course when it's the weeks
end they can be out of the pen a lot

Back
Top Bottom