Came from a Black Copper Marans but doesn't look the same as others

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by littlels, Nov 18, 2011.

1. littlels

littlels Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2011
    This one came from a Black Copper Marans but isn't black and white like all the pictures I have been looking at on the web. Will it loose the copper fuzz? Is it a different colored Marans?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

is it from ordered eggs or did u breed them urself? could just be a black maran. shold lose the copper coloring or it will look black with gold leackage. just a guess....

3. littlels

Oct 27, 2011
    The hen we had purchased as a Black Copper Marans (she looks just like one) and she had been with a Black Copper Marans rooster. We collected her egg the day after getting her; however, for that day she was in with our Birchen Marans. I guess I figured that the Black Copper was the daddy as that egg was probably forming when we brought her home.

4. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Yes I would be very interested to know where you got the chick as well. It looks like a Blue Copper Marans chick, which is not a very common sight in the US.

Edit: D'oh, posted right when the description was posted.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  5. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:can u post pics of the hen? id say its a black but could be birchen mix with black

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    its legs are yellow...dont marans have pinkish to white legs?

7. MicheleC

MicheleC Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I have some babies with dark legs, but never seen yellow, interested to hear from others

8. littlels

Oct 27, 2011
    Sorry all...I've been trying to get some pictures of the mama but the weather has been NASTY in the NW. I will try again today.

9. littlels

Oct 27, 2011
    Here is a possible dad (Birchen Marans)???

[​IMG]

Here is mom
    [​IMG]

10. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    She looks kinda brownish, I bet the chick will look similar when it is older.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by