came home to find a dead rooster!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Le Mitzer, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Le Mitzer

Le Mitzer Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2011
    Provence
    Ok so i just went home for lunch and i found my rooster ' Kramer' lying dead in the buttom of the coop, [​IMG]
    there was no blood so it wasnt from a fight..... and yesterday he seemed alright. and i check my chickens EVERYDAY, their feet, their eyes their feather, i keep my chicken coop very clean and i use DE every time i clean. they have clean water, and i feed the organic chicken feed aswell as treats from the kitchen (veggie scraps).

so was it from a sickness or maybe something chased him to death. [​IMG]

PLEASE HELP, i am so worried about my other girls. What should i do, i need the experts help.

2. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    I'm so sorry! Was he a large roo? I have very large Brahma roos and have lost two over the years for no apparent reason. I have been told that a large roo can sometimes just die of a heart attack.

I would keep an eye on the girls for a few days and see if any of them start acting "off."

3. Le Mitzer

Le Mitzer Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2011
    Provence
    no he was a bantam, he was medium size and he was such a good rooster, he was waiting till 8 am on weekdays to start crowing and 10:30 on weekends, poor little guy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by