came home to my shipped pea eggs whoooo upated candled

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by little blue, Jun 15, 2011.

1. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    i got home today to my pea eggs that 6littlechickies sent me for very cheap they sent 4 charcoil an 4btw i am so excited to get the btw that is my faveroite peacock.they also sent me 2 feathers that are so pretty i will update in 15 days when i candle them.thank you so much jen an jay you are so nice an i will post lots of pics as they grow.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  2. pheasantfreak

pheasantfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Preston, idaho
    awesome good luck with your hatch

3. tgrlily

tgrlily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    What is "btw?" All I can come up with is "by the way!" [​IMG]
    I hate abbreviations!

4. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    Quote:very valid question tglily! [​IMG] it actually stands for bronze turning white...we have a very special bronze peacock that changes yearly and displays more white with each year. very interesting thread on him here:https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=465834

Little blue, I'm SO happy they all arrived safely and fyi to others, they were also individually wrapped in bubble wrap for shipping. [​IMG] We are very excitedly watching your progress! [​IMG]

5. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. SuperPeacockman

SuperPeacockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Quote:very valid question tglily! [​IMG] it actually stands for bronze turning white...we have a very special bronze peacock that changes yearly and displays more white with each year. very interesting thread on him here:https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=465834

Little blue, I'm SO happy they all arrived safely and fyi to others, they were also individually wrapped in bubble wrap for shipping. [​IMG] We are very excitedly watching your progress! [​IMG]

Have you locked on to the trait, will his offspring be like him?

7. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    the eggs were packed great lots of buble wrap an all eggs were perfect.if you are looking for great pea eggs at a great price.give them a pm very helpful answer all the questions we had an an let us know as soon as they shipped.thanks jen an jay debbie was so happy with the suprise feathers

8. 6littlechickies

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH

Have you locked on to the trait, will his offspring be like him?

We're still working on that. Since it takes at least 3 years for the trait to even start to show up....it's going to be a loooonnnggg project! Well worth it though if we can nail it down. We have incubated the majority of these eggs but knew that little blue loved the boy and we wanted to send her something special so I gave up a few of my most coveted eggs up (I have another pen of Bronze that I normally sell out of). She wanted bronze so worst case it doesn't replicate for her and she gets a gorgeous bronze bird out of it! Best case we get to work together on this project! [​IMG]

9. tgrlily

tgrlily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse

Thanks! I'm such a pea newbie! I've been reading and absorbing as much information as I can.

That sounds really cool... I hope they breed true for you. From what I understand, charcoal is challenging as well.

10. 6littlechickies

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH

Thanks! I'm such a pea newbie! I've been reading and absorbing as much information as I can.

That sounds really cool... I hope they breed true for you. From what I understand, charcoal is challenging as well.

That they are (charcoals)! We have a pen if those too. [​IMG]. Yep, we like a challenge. [​IMG] they are so much fun though and very addictive.

Really hoping little blue gets a great hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by