1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Camel doing Dressage

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by carolinagirl58, Oct 17, 2011.

1. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    This is a great video! I had no idea camels could be trained to this level. This camel is actually willing and cooperative. Pretty amazing stuff.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Wow! That's imressive. A lot of work went into training that animal. Everything else that I have seen regarding camels they have appeared to be grouchy, clumsy, uncooperative beasts.

3. carolinagirl58

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    That's what impressed me so much about it. I have never, ever seen a camel be anything other than ill-tempered beasts who only work because they are given no choice. They holler and bellow and spit every chance they get. Yet, this one looks willing and happy to be working. Really amazing! I wonder what was done differently in this animal's upbringing to allow him to be so trainable?

4. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Wow! That's amazing!! the camel even seemed happy!

5. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    HAHA thats adorable! that camel did a wonderful job!

6. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    LOL! That camel does some nice straight changes! Better than a lot of horses I see out at shows [​IMG]

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Just WOW! i would love to know the story on that one how they made the camel so cooperative. Is the horse buddy buddy since he was a youngster?

8. carolinagirl58

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Quote:I have been searching the web trying to find that out because I am curious about it too. all I know is it was at the Stockholm International Horse show, possibly in 2010. I also found a longer video

9. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Camels trained with patience & minimum force are nice creatures to work with & all the ones I've worked with are almost exclusively voice trained. You just have to work around things like their incurable barn/buddy sourness & the fact that they are convinced that everything is going to eat them. I worked with them & they aren't too bad if they aren't ruined or hormonal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by