1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cameo or peach?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by mandyok, Sep 14, 2015.

1. mandyok

mandyok Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    Southern Ok
    [​IMG]
    Is the one that has orangeish color a cameo or peach? I really am not sure

2. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Peach Black Shoulder?

3. q8peafowl

q8peafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2014
    Kuwait
    I don't think its cameo or peach.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  4. It kind of looks like a purple black shoulder hen but if many only has cameo and peach, I would have to reconsider.

5. mandyok

Feb 20, 2014
    Southern Ok
    I don't have any peach or cameo. I do have purple male, this would be great if this is a purple hen. I have 2 this color so I am excited. My first sucsseful hatch this year, I have 18 babies thank you Margaret8. She incubated my eggs and kept some of the babies.

6. mandyok

Feb 20, 2014
    Southern Ok
    Thank you everyone for all the help, I just didn't know what I would get from my lot. I do love all the colors.

7. Thats a purple hen then. It does look blackshoulder but maybe not. Born Yellow?

8. KsKingBee

The center two at the feed bucket are Purple Black Shoulder hens, the ones on either side are Purple hens.

[​IMG]

9. frenchblackcopper

frenchblackcopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    East central Illinois
    KsKingBee, your two purple birds on the outside are a very diffrent color than my purples.Mine are a lite rust color. My b/s purples looks the same as yours and I can tell from the blur your birds are moving but to me they look IB,,as in a dun colored brown.

10. KsKingBee

Lighting makes a lot of difference, look at these two pics of the same bird taken at the same time.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is another view.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It is probably the Spaulding that throws the color off.

[​IMG]

The barring is splotchy.

Now I am interested in what you think of this little sister in this clutch, the light colored one in the center. Its mother may have been a Cameo.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by