1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cameo Silver Pied Anyone?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by AugeredIn, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Anyone have a this years Cameo Silver Pied hen they can take a picture of the back and neck fairly close up?

2. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

I have a mature hen if that is of any help. [​IMG] Also have some 2014 Cameo hens and one or two of them are either Pied or split to but not Silver, sorry.

3. Yeah, I picture of the mature hen would help.

4. This perspective would be great.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  5. KsKingBee

Not exactly the angle you are looking for, I'll need some sun to get that and right now it is drizzling. [​IMG] Here are some pics I had and cropped for you. I forgot she has some Spaulding in her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The one in the background is a Cameo Pied White Eye.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Did you raise her from a chick?

7. KsKingBee

No, I bought her from Brad last month, she was one of his breeders.

8. KsKingBee

I have an IB Pied WE split Cameo cock and wanted Cameo Pied WE hen to go with him. Brad only had the one but also had a CSP and thought it would be a good match. It wasn't until I picked her up that we noticed she was also Spaulding.

Now I am concerned because my IBPWE/C cock is not showing the WE he had last year, yet. [​IMG] I know he has a lot more train to grow yet, but I am not seeing the white eyes yet, last year he had about 1/4 WE's.

9. Thats happens. It is variable. It would be weird to have 1/4 one year and none the next but he is obviously split White Eye if he had white eyes last year.

1 person likes this.
  10. ...and when you say he had white eyes, I assume you mean on the train feathers that were not white from the P/W influence?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by