camera in coop??

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by family pack, Nov 17, 2016.

1. family pack

family pack New Egg

Nov 3, 2016
    Fairbanks , Alaska
    we would like to put some type of camera in our chicken coop ant suggestions on what to use

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    [​IMG]
    THIS WOULD WORK, AND IT IS BATTERY OPERATED.

3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!
    There are tons of options....depends on what you want to do and what your budget is.
    Meet the advanced search.....click the link and plan on reading for a while.
    advanced search>titles only> coop cam

Do you have this Rich?
    How doe it work?
    Reviews bad on Cabela's site.

4. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    @aart
    Yes it is mine, but as you can see it is still in box.... [​IMG] My daughter got it for me so I can spy out my predators in the yard. I lost ALL my pigeons last autumn. Rocky raccoon ate them all in their loft. [​IMG].. So far my chickens have been safe. I'm trying to get around to setting it up, but have been SUPER BUSY with everything else needed to be done. I know its a lame excuse. I need to kick myself in the heinie and just do it. I will post results/ pictures/ and opinions about it when it is up and running.
    In theory it is supposed to work good. [​IMG]

5. Laura518

Laura518 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2016
    Rayville, Missouri
    I have two trail cameras pointed at my coop and enclosed run. I have a variety of predators, but the dogs from way down the road are my biggest problem. My neighbor has caught a cougar on his, so I'm hoping it doesn't come my way. But I have taken all the extra measures to add extra security to my coops.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by