Camera Phones.........I need some help

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by wolftracks, Apr 30, 2011.

1. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I have a cheapy Metro camera phone and right after my husband died I bought a memory card for it. He was the one who did all this stuff for me.

I did figure out how to format the card. At least I think I did, but I wanted to be able to take lots of pics.

Been working fine until last week and it suddenly was just black when I clicked camera. OK that cleared up. But I have only known how to get pics in my laptop, but emailing them to myself and then saving them. I have no idea what I did with the other piece of the memory card and didn't know how to do it.

For two days I keep getting a full memory message. I checked my text areas and nothing there, checked images and it says it's full. Then I find the memory for the card. Barely anything on it???? I'm not doing any of htis right and I'm very slow at learning these days.

I started deleting pics, but it's still showing full. I can't lose most of these. This phone is my only way to take pics right now.

Someone with a brain (probably a teen) is going to have to help me and I'm hoping someone from here can do it.

I need like a list and detail of each thing I need to do to be able to use this again and still not lose all of my pics.

And why didn't the images go to the card?

I have lots of running to do today, but I knew if I didn't ask now, I'd never get this figured out, so if you have some help, but don't see me post, it's because I'm not home yet.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Are you sure your pics are saving to the card, and not to the phone memory? There should be a setting to get pics to automatically save to the card. How big is the memory card? I have a 2GB mini-SD card in my phone, and I have a TON of pics saved on it.

If the pics ARE saved to the card, it's much easier to move them to your computer with the adapter portion of the card. If you can't find it, it might be worth buying another. They're not terribly expensive.

3. azmotogirl

azmotogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Most phones have an option under their memory settings to move data to your card. Then you can use a card reader and transfer items to your computer. Good luck!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ok guys, she needs someone to STEP BY STEP tell her how to get the pics to the card.

Sorry, I am no help.

5. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Is the brand of photo Metro or is that the carrier?

6. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Well if you want to download pics to your computer you have to take the usb end out of the charger ( if you have a charger that does tht) and plug it into the computer and plug your phone in with it. Now your pics are probably saving to your phone membory if you fill that up they SHOULD go to your sd card. You'll get the hang of it in a couple of weeks. [​IMG]

7. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    OK finally home

My phone is a Samsung. I think the card is 2GB, but I thought I had it set to send pics to the card. Nope. All in my phone memory.

I have a ton of birds to take pics of and a project I want to share if I can get pics of what I'm doing.

Weird thing is I bought the card because I had no room for pics, but I've been taking them for like 6 months now and they are on the phone. I don't get it!

8. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Thekid is right, if you have a phone to computer cord, plug it in and make sure the phone is awake

Your computer should recognize the phone as an external drive and ask you if you want to import the photos.

If it doesnt, try clicking on my computer, find the phone and then check the folders, hopefully one is called photos or images

9. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Thank you all so much

Now to find the cord. If I don't have one where can I get one and what is it called?

10. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

just go to a verizon store or at and t but if you got a trac phone you should still go to a verizon they have what you need

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by