Camera question -- blue-tinted pictures?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sunny Side Up, May 9, 2011.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Here's a question for all of you who know more about digital cameras than I do (that's everyone!) Why are my recent photos tinted blue? It's a basic Sony digital camera that's I've had & used for about a year. So I don't know where the receipt is or if I could even return it to the place of purchase for repair. It's been working very very well until just recently, when all the photos I take have a blue cast. As if all the pictures were taken underwater. Why would that be, & what can I do to remedy this? Here's a recent photo, taken of the damage done to Mister's car in an accident:

[​IMG]

2. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    This is probably a white balance issue. Look in the manual on the WB setting...most of the time Auto does an adequate job. You may also see if you need to reset the camera to default settings. Looks like something got out of whack. If this doesnt' help put the model here and I will see if I can help more.
    sharon

3. Sunny Side Up

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Oh thank you Sharon, you sound like you know what you're talking about! This is actually an Olympus FE-46. The instruction "manual" is a computer disc. Do you know how to change the white-balance setting on this? Thank you!

4. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
  5. Sunny Side Up

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Thank you so much Sharon. I will take a close look into that ... when I get to feeling a bit better. I've just been downed by a nasty cold and just want to sleep for a loong while...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by