Cameroon lamb-pics!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by danischi24, Apr 4, 2012.

1. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    I went to visit a friend with Friesian horses 3 days ago & he mentioned that there had been two Cameroon Sheep twin births that morning but that one set of twins had no suck reflex & one had already died. I had no choice but to take on the other, a little ewe & after a night of begging, I got her on a bottle at last. I tube fed her colostrum which I milked from her wild mother (no fun) & now I milk a friend's goat everyday because I know the milk powder for lambs here & it gives diarrhea.
    She lives in the house, I take her everywhere with me in a dog carry bag & she sleeps in my arms at night. She wears a diaper & I change it more often than most parents [​IMG]
    She also got a shower when I brought her home so she's clean & smells like coconut-my shower gel.
    Here is Shoshana (from the sheep in our kiddies TV at the moment):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. Mzyla

Mzyla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Upstate NY
    You are a good person to care for little sheep like this! We need more people like you on this earth.This is very nice looking sheep, although to me seems like a goat?

3. champer

champer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    San Martin, CA
    Aw, how cute! I am not familiar with the Cameroon breed, off to look it up.

4. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    The Cameroon is a primitive miniature hair sheep from Africa. They are normally very wild & flighty but this little one is convinced I'm her mother so she's very tame. All the waiters begged to see her & take pics when we were eating out last night [​IMG]

5. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Aww, what a cutie! I hope she does well and thrives for you!

By the way, I am finding goat kids (two and three weeks old) to be amazingly easy to potty train, like a dog. I bet your lambie can catch on, too! My goat kids have been living in the house, too, because it has been very cold here still. But after every bottle, play session, when they wake up, etc. they go outside and potty. They'll even go to the door sometimes now without me herding them out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by