Camper as coop

FisherMOM

Songster
11 Years
May 7, 2008
Bergen, NY
I stumbled across this on YouTube.

He added more fence recently to give them a bigger area outside.... read the comments, he tells how big it is now.

This is a great idea and woo hoo.... they just keep coming!

Last edited:
i aint looked at it,, but have been looking for old campers,, big and small to use,, i even have a 1955 1 ton dually comming that im gonna use lol
big_smile.png

That is sooo bizarre! I was just saying to my husband that I could use the old camper as a coop....it seems like everywhere I go, I see coop possibilities!

Seriously though, very cool idea!

Only prob. I can see is that he has way too many birds for the space. He said 129 birds and the inside dimensions were 21.6 x 7.6 I think? Otherwise....very cool!

cool idea but he needs to show the interior finished. All I could find was video of him walking around in a junk filled trailer trying to decide what he wanted to do with the inside. I definitely think that is too many chickens for the coop. I can't imagine how often it would have to be cleaned.

I bought a hen from a guy that had used a camper shell from a truck to be the top part of his coop, he just built a frame and sat it on there, thought that was pretty innovative and a good way to use those old shells. It was a durable roof and had windows he could open for ventilation.

I have an old pop up camper I almost used for a duck house. I've had it for years and the kids used to use it for a play house. So I gutted it and now use it for storage of the outdoor furniture, lawn mower weed eater and such.

jeremy

Back
Top Bottom