1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Camper coop is done, girls are moved in....Pic heavy

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by WyoChickenMamma, Oct 9, 2011.

1. WyoChickenMamma

WyoChickenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Well after about 4 weekends of solid work, we are done. The coop is in place and we moved the girls in tonight. We still have a few small things to do, such as making some more nesting boxes and a few other small things. This camper was built sometime in the 1960's and still needs some work on the outside and at sometime we will get it skirted. So enjoy the pics.

[​IMG]
    This is a view of the exterior. We moved the camper right up next to fence and actually connected the fence to the camper near the pophole door. You can see where this door is, it is to the back of the camper right next to where you can see the OSB board.

[​IMG]
    This is a view to the front. I need to put a small lip around the platform that has the poop trays on it, so they stay in place.

[​IMG]
    This is the view looking to the back. You can see the roost above the area with the bedding, under that layer of bedding I have several poop trays. The the left, above the window you can see the motor for the automatic door. The door is the plexiglass you can see directly below it.

[​IMG]
    Here is another view of the pophole door. The pink box on the left is over the wheel well and will soon have a set of nesting boxes on it.

[​IMG]
    Here is a view of 4 nesting boxes, we made them quite large for our bigger girls. The light on the ledge was just left sitting there and is now put away. We are also going to add a little ledge for them to fly up to so it will be easier for them to get in those boxes. I think I will also add in some covers on some of them...they seem to like the darkness and privacy for laying.

[​IMG]
    And here are some of the girls, on the roosts for the first time. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here is a view to the front with some girls.

The pink doors that you can see in some of the pictures were once a closet and a bathroom, now they are storage. [​IMG]
    So you can see I used the 12x12 vinyl tiles for flooring and on some of the bottoms of the walls. I think I will do deep litter method up front under the 2 roosts. I have the trays in the back. And for the open area where I can walk I think I will fill in with a few inches of sand. I have plenty of space to add a water and food if I need to, but at this time their water and food is outside in their run. The pophole door goes right to their yard, but I can enter the coop from outside their run. We have the lamps in there, but only plan to use them when it gets really cold. Thanks for looking...oh, and we did all of this for under $300, including the motor for the door. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    very nice use for the space great job!! [​IMG]

3. chickenstricken

chickenstricken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Nor Cal
    My Coop
    Nice job. Definitely a unique coop. Now you can take your flock with you on vacation. [​IMG]

4. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    [​IMG] This is great!! I totally love it. You did a fantastic job!!

5. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

This is amazing.....looks great!!!![​IMG]

6. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Great coop!

7. HighNDryFarm

HighNDryFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    That is the cutest coop! Love the colors inside and out! And those trailers were well insulated too. Great idea.

8. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Good job! [​IMG]

Although, if I had a steup like that, my teenagers would be living in it instead of the chickens. [​IMG]

9. DanyyChicken

DanyyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southern NH
    So cute... Love the pink paint accents... makes it look retro...
    Love it.... Great job... Lucky girls.[​IMG]

10. wyododge

wyododge Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    Wyoming
    Very cool, built in ventilation, predator secure. Why would you skirt it though? seems to me in the summer they would have some shade(?)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by