camper coop

pooh731

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 10, 2011
Hanford, ca
has anyone used a camper shell to make a chicken coop out of, because we have an old camper shell and my husband wants to make a chicken coop out of it for my 2EE's, 1RIR.

I was asking about a camper shell that you put on your truck, I like the idea about the whole camper though. Thank you

Years ago we used our old camper as a coop. It worked really well. It sat up on a wooden crate base with the stabilizers in place as well.
The hens would dust bathe underneath and enjoyed the shade under there.
The bed/loft (would be above truck cab) we used for storage of feed and bedding with a screen across to keep the hens out.
There were still cupboards in it so we took the doors off the lower ones for nestboxes and used the upper cupboards to store dusting powder, gardening supplies and such.
We put a roost where the couch/table had been. Gutted out the sink/stove counter area to give more floor space.
The best part was screens and locks on the windows to allow ventilation, but pest proof.
And ceiling vents too. We would just open the door in the morning and they free ranged all day, lock up at night.
With all the windows it was bright and airy.
At first glance you wouldn't even know it was a coop.

I the page on this site about other people using old camper shells as there coop. I showed my husband some of the pictures and looks my chickens are getting a bigger coop that is made from an old camper shell.

Hello here's a pic of my chicken coop

Back
Top Bottom