1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Campine Club

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Buckguy20, May 4, 2007.

1. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Does anyone know if there is a Campine breeders club? I have never found one. Thanks Monty

2. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

What's a Campine? Do you mean Caprine (goats)?
    [​IMG]

3. jmofaustin

jmofaustin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Austin, TX
    A campine is a breed that comes in silver and gold. I have a silver campine rooster.

You can find info on the breed and you may find a club at feathersite.com

4. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I used to have Golden Campines. I really liked them. These guys probably aren't show quality, but they're a good example of what they look like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    jmofaustin

:

A campine is a breed that comes in silver and gold. I have a silver campine rooster.

You can find info on the breed and you may find a club at feathersite.com

Thanks I haven't been able to find a Campine group or club. I looked on Feathersite.
    I have both gold and Silver. This is the first year I have hatched any and the chicks are beautiful.

I would like to find some more adults.
    Thanks again, Monty​

6. jmofaustin

jmofaustin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Austin, TX
    The most loving chicken I have is a silver campine/rhode island red cross. If I tap my arm, she flies up and lands on it like a parrot. I have got to hatch some more of those.

7. QuailQT

QuailQT Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2009
    NW PA
    Here's a picture of my campine "Cami". I don't know too much about her (age, purebreed?) because I got her at an auction. I do know that she likes to fly out of the run and roam free around the outside run. She doesn't venture far and she always comes back in at night. I love her coloring and would really like to get another like her.
    Anyone know of anyone who breeds these in banties?
    [​IMG]

8. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    I LOVE CAMPINES! They are awesome. There is no breeder's club because they are critically endangered and not many people have/breed them. I will soon (hopefully) start a breeding flock. The trouble is, only hatcheries sell them..... sooooooooooooo....... maybe I will have to thin out the bad ones. But i would join the club, if 12 year olds can join [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by