Campines

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Settler'sDreamFarm, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Settler'sDreamFarm

Settler'sDreamFarm █ [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 7, 2008
    Ontario, Canada :)
    For those of you who have campines could you post photos of your birds! [​IMG] Any age ....thanks and say a little something about the bird [​IMG]

2. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    I have a couple standard golden campine hens. I will take a pic in a little bit. I love the way they look. They are very sweet but prefer not to be handled. They get skittish when you reach for them but they will follow you every where. They lay 5-6 days out of every week. Very good layers when they are laying. Mine stopped for a few months in the winter. They lay beautiful white eggs.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I have only had one....a rooster (or actually still a cockerel when something killed him [​IMG] ) and he was wonderful. Sweet natured, but not the cuddly type. He was gorgeous and good to his girls. He has been dearly missed!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Here are some Silver Campine chicks:

[​IMG]

I love their markings, they look like cheetah-chicks!

[​IMG]
    Lisa

5. trinity

trinity Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Amarillo Texas
    aww im sorry you lost your roo hes so pretty.

your chicks are very pretty!!funny you can get them too to stay ther mine would have ran every way they could if i tried to do that lol.

6. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    That roo is gorgeous!! Sorry for your loss.
    Here is one of my pullets. She is great, just dont try to grab her, lol. In her first ever show, she took reserve continental. I was so proud of her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Settler'sDreamFarm

Settler'sDreamFarm █ [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 7, 2008
    Ontario, Canada :)
    Wow [​IMG] everyone your birds are absolutly gorgeous!

8. DK

DK Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2008
    Bangor Alabama
    I have one roo that someone gave me and he fine untill you try to handle him.I left the gate open and he got out when I caught him he had a fit he passout and just laid on the ground I just Knew he was dead but he got up stagger around for a little while but he was fine later . I just order him 5 girl friend from MM. DK
    [​IMG]

9. blueheaven

blueheaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Quote:not sure if you have entered those photos in any of the contests...but you should. handsome bird!!!

10. PeepMomma

PeepMomma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2009
    Edmonson Co. Kentucky
    Quote:[​IMG] Lol! I had one that did that! My Jack Russell chased him into the path of my other dog and he just laid down like he was already dead! They had no intentions of hurting him, just wanted to chase! Fortunately, he survived and decide that he wasn't dead after I went and picked him up! And now the dogs no longer chase my babies!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by