1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Can’t figure out what breed she is?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by David885, Apr 21, 2018.

1. David885

David885 In the Brooder

Apr 19, 2018
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I got one more for you guys. I bought her from a local feed store. The owner of the store wasn’t sure of the breed. She is the same size as my white leghorns, but unlike them she is super gregarious. She is always the first one to greet me when I hand feed them meal worms. Grey feet and rose comb if that helps.

Any info is appreciated. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. CoopintheWoods

CoopintheWoods Chirping

Dec 27, 2016
    She looks almost exactly like one of my Easter Eggers. They have the same gold and black pattern, comb and feet. Of course, she could be something else (like a Golden laced Wyandotte, perhaps?) I have no Golden Laced Wyandottes, but I have a Silver Laced one who had a similar feather pattern when she was younger.

3. David885

David885 In the Brooder

Apr 19, 2018
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Thank you for your response! That’s what I thought at first, but she is much smaller than my golden laced whyandotts, and another member on this form told me that whyandotts only have yellow feet; but I’m definitely not an expert. Do you have any photos of your Easter Eggers that I can compare to her?

4. CoopintheWoods

CoopintheWoods Chirping

Dec 27, 2016
    This is the EE I was referring to. These are fairly current pics of her at about 1 year old. She looks a bit bedraggled because the other hens pick on her. She was much more gold and had a smaller comb when she was younger. She is actually black and gold, but the red light in the coop makes the colors look weird.

Attached Files:

5. Rosypetals

Rosypetals Chirping

Jan 11, 2018
    Golden laced Wyandotte %90

6. David885

David885 In the Brooder

Apr 19, 2018
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Thank you for your response. So whyandotts can have yellow or grey feet?

7. David885

David885 In the Brooder

Apr 19, 2018
    Phoenix, Arizona
    She does looks alot like my bird. And bedraggled, or not, that is still a good looking hen you have there! Lol

So the breed is called “Easter Egger”?

8. fur-mum

fur-mum Songster

Mar 5, 2017
    Oklahoma City
    Easter Egger isn't so much a breed, as a generic name referring to any mixed breed that lays blue or green colored eggs. Therefore, there is a HUGE assortment of colors and patterns that they come in. Mine are white, but they lay pretty blue and seafoam green eggs.

9. dunnmom

dunnmom Crowing

Mar 30, 2016
    Oklahoma
    I don't think it's a GLW. Legs would be yellow. Very well could be EE, though.

10. David885

David885 In the Brooder

Apr 19, 2018
    Phoenix, Arizona
    That is what another member of the forum told me as well (about the leg color). I’m pretty excited to see what color the eggs turn out to be now. Thank you for your input!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: