Can 4 week old Cornish X have scratch?

jennyf

Songster
Apr 24, 2016
Missouri
I'm not trying to feed them more, I'm trying to get the piggies to move around in the great scary outdoors more. Is 4 weeks too young? I feed a mash so they're getting some bigger particles and they also have had grit out for weeks.

I'm not trying to feed them more, I'm trying to get the piggies to move around in the great scary outdoors more. Is 4 weeks too young? I feed a mash so they're getting some bigger particles and they also have had grit out for weeks.

I wouldn't but at that age I would be feeding them a Good Protein feed but I would be removing their feeders 12 hours per day/night to slow down their growth so they do not get to the point they can not walk.

It's not going to hurt them at all. Scatter a bit around to encourage them to move. Or, you can use worms, produce that's going iffy, things like that. It doesn't take much feed to tempt most birds to move, so it's not like you're bulking them up on empty feed.

But, remember it is a big scary world and they're just babies, even if they are gigantic babies. They're well aware they're at the bottom of the food chain and not able to outrun a predator, so you kind of can't blame them for not being too adventurous.

Thank you!! I am doing the 12 on/12 off. I shooed them out and after a few hours, they seemed like they were exploring more.

Back
Top Bottom