Can a bantam Roo mate with a Big Buff?

Tracy the chick

Songster
8 Years
Aug 28, 2011
Uk
Hi guys ive just got my first incubator for xmas off my husband but i dont know if i have fertile eggs to put in it? I have a veerious breeds that live together in my Apple Orchard. I have 2 Buff Orpington girls (1 black, 1 ginger). Ive got light sussex girls and BR girls, Blue barnavelder girl and 2 silver laced wynadott girls. Now the only 2 cockerals i have is a 22 week old blue barnavelder and a 22 week old silver laced wynadotte. Are they to small to mate with the light sussex and buff orpingtons as there my only birds that are laying eggs! The others are all too young still..
hu.gif
. Thanks, Tracy x

They sure can try! I have not had success yet though. Silkie will wing cut for my huge buff orpington girl. she won't squat for him. Maybe when she does, he will have a better chance.

IMG_1019.jpg

My girl

IMG_1210.jpg

My guy

He only really mates successfully with the other silkies.

Quote:
Aw bless him lol.. I will try and get a picture of them tomorrow, its dark here in the UK. Thank you..Tracy.xxx

Anything is possible, lol. You can open up one and look for the bullseye to see if it's fertile, this isn't a 100% guarantee, but should help tell if they are being fertilized or not.

Back
Top Bottom