Can an EE chick have yellow legs?PICTURES NOW INCLUD.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by stormylady, Jun 15, 2009.

1. stormylady

stormylady Songster

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I was just wondering because of 5 supposed EE chicks that I bought at a feed store only one has yellow legs? I think she looks like a SLW but all the chicks appear to have that kind of mix in them there either black with silver heads or bluish with silver heads, some are cleaned face and some are with beards and some just have muffs? Is it possible that she is an EE too? she has the clean face and yellow legs unlike her brooder mates. Oh all the others also have very light green legs, just boardering on the yellow line. but decidedly more greenish, So was just wondering if she could still be an EE but took after the one side of the family more than the other? She and the others were ordered special (Just EEs) in that small order from Cackle hatchery or so they said? Thanks Sandy
    Just wondering because Ive never seen an EE with yellow legs:confused:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  2. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    Lexington, KY
    With EEs, anything is possible!! [​IMG] Can you put a picture up here? That will help us decide!

3. DTchickens

DTchickens Crowing

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    it's possible, Post pictures.

4. stormylady

stormylady Songster

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Sure I can go out and get one in a few mins of her. Gotta run to the dollar store for batteries! as usual mine are dead again. LOL

5. stormylady

stormylady Songster

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Here are some pictures of her? and some of her broodermates for comparision. Thanks for your opinions in Advance[​IMG][​IMG]These first 2 pictures of her and the others are of a broodermate, and the last one is of a group of them together so you can see if they made a mistake and sent a different breed you can see why I think. Thanks again for your opinions![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Ps she is the one on the end with the yellow legs in the last picture. I also forgot to mention that they were 10/11 weeks old.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  6. cowman910

cowman910 Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    Suffolk County,NY
    this is just my opinion but thats what my silver laced wyandotte looked like when i first got her.

7. georgialee

georgialee Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Yes, she does look like a slw BUT she doesn't have the correct comb type... not too uncommon if she's a hatchery bird. [​IMG]

8. stormylady

stormylady Songster

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:What is the correct comb type of a SLW? I have no Idea. Thanks Sandy

9. rhondapiper

rhondapiper Songster

SLWs should have a rose comb.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

That is a single comb SLW, which is quite common, though they are supposed to have rose combs. I had a sweet single combed SLW girl I lost last year to internal laying. Seems like about 1/3 of the Wyandottes have single combs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: