Can an EE chick have yellow legs?PICTURES NOW INCLUD.

stormylady

Songster
11 Years
Dec 27, 2008
Illinois
I was just wondering because of 5 supposed EE chicks that I bought at a feed store only one has yellow legs? I think she looks like a SLW but all the chicks appear to have that kind of mix in them there either black with silver heads or bluish with silver heads, some are cleaned face and some are with beards and some just have muffs? Is it possible that she is an EE too? she has the clean face and yellow legs unlike her brooder mates. Oh all the others also have very light green legs, just boardering on the yellow line. but decidedly more greenish, So was just wondering if she could still be an EE but took after the one side of the family more than the other? She and the others were ordered special (Just EEs) in that small order from Cackle hatchery or so they said? Thanks Sandy
Just wondering because Ive never seen an EE with yellow legs:confused:

Last edited:
With EEs, anything is possible!!
tongue.png
Can you put a picture up here? That will help us decide!

Sure I can go out and get one in a few mins of her. Gotta run to the dollar store for batteries! as usual mine are dead again. LOL

Here are some pictures of her? and some of her broodermates for comparision. Thanks for your opinions in Advance
20212_cuckoo_maran_chicks_085.jpg
20212_cuckoo_maran_chicks_084.jpg
These first 2 pictures of her and the others are of a broodermate, and the last one is of a group of them together so you can see if they made a mistake and sent a different breed you can see why I think. Thanks again for your opinions!
20212_cuckoo_maran_chicks_088.jpg
20212_cuckoo_maran_chicks_087.jpg
20212_cuckoo_maran_chicks_043.jpg
Ps she is the one on the end with the yellow legs in the last picture. I also forgot to mention that they were 10/11 weeks old.

Last edited:
That is a single comb SLW, which is quite common, though they are supposed to have rose combs. I had a sweet single combed SLW girl I lost last year to internal laying. Seems like about 1/3 of the Wyandottes have single combs.

Back
Top Bottom