can any one tell me the name of breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by amirfarmer, Oct 6, 2013.

1. amirfarmer

amirfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2013
    i live in pakistan and the home breed of hens are called DESI( an urdu language word) The problem is that i dont know the breed name in english plzzzz help i have tried to find out th name but i was unable

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  2. SweetSilver

SweetSilver Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't think "desi" refers to one particular breed, though it might be one breed in your area. Chances are good that there is no English language equivalent, but post a picture, if you can. What I found when I looked it up is that it roughly translates as "native" when referring to chickens and vegetables. It's possible you have a breed unique to your area.

Can you post a picture?

3. amirfarmer

Feb 9, 2013
    no you can found that breed throughtout pakistan....... i will try to share pictures Actually they are mixed colours roosters are shiny they can be diifferent colours some have small comb some have large comb plzz help me

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  5. danni c

danni c Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2013
    bromsgrove uk
    From what I have read it means a chick injected with a harmless chemical in its 1st few weeks of life to change its colour it doesnt seem to have a specific breed but all seem very :beautiful :D

6. amirfarmer

Feb 9, 2013
    thanxxx:) if i want to get information about my chickens then what should i type the name

7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Since you are in Pakistan, can you contact the Poultry Research Institute? They seem to be sponsoring the research on them.

8. Mehroz Adnan

Mehroz Adnan Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2014
    Multan,Pakistan
    Hi I am Also from Pakistan.The desi are actually mixed breeds that is why they have got so much colors.the "desi" mean native as they are found here in Pakistan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by