can any1 tell me what kind of chickens i have???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by da-cajun-angla, Jan 22, 2008.

1. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    laplace,la
    http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/da-cajun-angla/?action=view&current=hh28mychicks.jpg
    these
    are my first chickens...i bought them 3 months ago. the one on the right lays blue/green eggs, so i know she's part arecauna...my guess is she is mixed with sussex...dont know. the one in the middle has a weird 5th toe:/, feather footed, lays more pinkish than brownish eggs, and is probably 8 or so lbs. the bantam rooster has a tag around his foot. i was told he was a show rooster. as i said, this is the first time in my life i have had chickens, and i must say its a lot cooler and more fun than i thought it would be![​IMG]
    thanks in advance!
    shaun

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  2. palabeco

palabeco Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    S.W. PA
    Can't see the pic. try it again.

3. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    I don't see the pics either [​IMG] OK and I must ask where your from [​IMG] I see "cajun" in your screen name. [​IMG]

4. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    laplace,la
    k...lol...had to sign up to photobucket to upload pics...all r on...and im in laplace,la about 15 min from new orleans:D

5. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Hey your not that far from me! I live right above fourchon. Yay! ok now I'm going look at your pics

6. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Your rooster is a black tailed white Japanese bantam. I can't see his tail very well, but he appears to be young. Older roosters will have a much fuller tail.

The girl in the middle looks like a brahma mix to me.

For your other girl, if she lays blue/green eggs and doesn't fit in the auracana or ameracauna standard then she's an Easter Egger. She's got white ear lobes, and I'm not familiar enough with those breeds to make a guess.

7. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    looks tome like you have a dark brahma, an easter egger, and the little roo looks to be a black tailed white jap.

8. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Well there you go then me and chickngurl posted at the same time LOL

9. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:Great minds... [​IMG]

10. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    1. Black tailed white japanese
    2. dark brahma-if 5 toes, it's a mix
    3. Easter Egger, they do sometimes have white lobes, and from certain places, no muffs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by