Can anybody Identify my duck breed please ?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Duck Mad, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Duck Mad

Duck Mad Chirping

Mar 13, 2011
    Rugby
    I have a beautifull brown duck, I have searched loads to try and identify her breed, I can't settle untill I know which breed she is.. or even if she is a cross breed, what is she likely to crossed with?
    she is on this video
    (with wing slightly deformed) in the sunlight under her wings there is lots of green colouring
    my guess is Cayuga cross Mallard ?? but can anybody be sure to know what breed.. much appreciated

2. Posh Chickens

Posh Chickens Songster

Feb 24, 2011
    West Midlands, UK
    The one on the right is a Mallard x Muscovey? And number two looks like a cayuga i'd say. Im sorry I cannot help... All I have is a welsh harlequin. LOL.
    Good luck finding the breeds!

3. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Crowing

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    She looks like a khaki campell

4. Duck Mad

Duck Mad Chirping

Mar 13, 2011
    Rugby
    Quote:The fluffy big baby is Muscovy cross Pekin.. its the brown one I'm have trouble with lol .. At least you know your welsh harlequin is a welsh harlequin hehe an thanks

5. Duck Mad

Duck Mad Chirping

Mar 13, 2011
    Rugby
    Quote:haha I thought she was one when she was little, but her markings and shape aint the same [​IMG] lol

6. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I agree - she is too dark for a Khaki Campbell. She looks lovely though- and such personality. Seeing her head outstretched in the car was so cute. I really enjoyed watching your video.

7. Duck Mad

Duck Mad Chirping

Mar 13, 2011
    Rugby
    Quote:Yep her darkness is giving me brain ache searching lol
    And aww Thanks [​IMG] She is a funny little madam .. I reakon when she stretchs her neck out in the car she thinks she is flying lol

8. priss

priss Songster

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Awww wonderful video!!! My little Doog gets carsick [​IMG]
    I particularly liked the bit where they are nomming and getting scrambled egg all over your bed lol!!
    [​IMG]

9. Duck Mad

Duck Mad Chirping

Mar 13, 2011
    Rugby
    Quote:[​IMG] Thank you .. And on the quilt (luckily its an old one lol) I have to use blankets on the grass, when I sit with them, else I get bitten by ants, the ducks see the blankets put on the grass and they think I put them down because its pic-nic time lol

10. Duck Mad

Duck Mad Chirping

Mar 13, 2011
    Rugby
    Quote:[​IMG] Thank you .. And on the quilt (luckily its an old one lol) I have to use blankets on the grass, when I sit with them, else I get bitten by ants, the ducks see the blankets put on the grass and they think I put them down because its pic-nic time lol

For your dog, is it possible to get travel sickness tablets from the vets? like we get tablets, I suffer with travel sickness on long journeys, i sympathise with you dog

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: