Can anyone answer this one?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Triplell, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Triplell

Triplell Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2011
    Brainerd, MN
    I have an Aussie egg and its shell has gottem so this that some of it just chits away as it moves. Right now the hole is about the size of a quarter. Is it still viable? The heat thta is 9-8`101 degrees. I also never let the Humidifiry get below 60 %. Please help This is my very first time dounf ine

2. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas

Hi [​IMG][​IMG]. How long has it been piped? It can take up to 24 hours before they zip themselves out of the shell [​IMG]. If you can still see it moving it should be fine and 101* isn't too hot either. Especially if it's a still air incubator. They do better slightly above the 99.5* [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Triplell

Triplell Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2011
    Brainerd, MN
    [​IMG]Thank you for your information. Please excuse my spelling as I was so tired I couldn't spell worth a darn as I was up to 7 am for two days in a row with only 3 hrs sleep in two days.[​IMG] Okay, The chick in question no longer moved and its thin layer with all the blood vessels showing died. I just don't now why it never really piped. The shell just was breaking apart. When I took it out the shell just literelally feel apart in my hand. I now have 4 chicks piped and another 6 moving into possision. I had another chick that bleed to death while it was moving out of the shell. I do have a still air LG. I don't open the incubators unless to remove a chick or duckling. Thank again I just love BYC[​IMG][​IMG]

Triplell

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by