1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can anyone cheer me up?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenlover50010, Apr 27, 2009.

1. chickenlover50010

chickenlover50010 Kernal Fan Club Member

Jan 19, 2009
    South Jersey
    I'm a little down, that's why I haven't been on in a while. My dad won't let me get chickens...he thinks that they don't have personalities...and other things that I forget at the moment...my mom doesn't care, as long as she doesn't have to take care of them. My mom is in LOVE with silkies. In fact, she said that if my dad lets me get chickens, she's making me get silkies!! =] Can anyone cheer me up and even give me more info to help me get one. In fact, I went to the zoo and in the children's zoo, there was silkies in SUCH A SMALL PEN!! I could give them more space, and my dad doesn't think we will have enough room for at least two. There was 4 in the zoo pen...I felt bad for them. Any way, can anyone cheer me up?

2. lisahaschickens

lisahaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    well, you can feel free to show your dad my blog... I have tons of pictures and stories about my chickens and I've gotten tons of comments from people like, "I can't believe your chickens have personalities! That's so cool!"

Maybe that will help convince your dad?

Also, there are great thread on here with pics and stories about great chicken personalities. Plus, tell your dad that chickens earn their keep by giving you eggs! And if you get silkies, I bet they'll be like puppies and your dad will fall in love!

3. Lil_Chickadee

Lil_Chickadee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    WV
    I don't know if I can cheer you up but can I give you a [​IMG]

4. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Llamas always cheer me up, hope they do the same for you!

[​IMG]

5. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    oh are you in luck, im usually good for a good laugh.....

hows this for personality!!!!
    [​IMG]

and this one cool cat
    [​IMG]

and take this! tough girl brooding
    [​IMG]

and this!!! your chick-in box
    [​IMG]

ahem, get your rear outta my face!
    [​IMG]

6. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    how about some jokes...
    "I saw a dude, he was wearing a leather jacket, and at the same time he was eating a hamburger and drinking a glass of milk. I said to him "Dude, you're a cow. The metamorphosis is complete. Don't fall asleep or I'll tip you over.""

"I think a rotisserie is like a really morbid ferris wheel for chickens. It's a strange piece of machinery. We will take the chicken, kill it, impale it and then rotate it. And I'll be darn if I'm not hungry because spinning chicken carcasses make my mouth water. I like dizzy chicken."

7. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

Quote:OMG!!!!!! *LOLOLOL*!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:lau [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. chickenlover50010

chickenlover50010 Kernal Fan Club Member

Jan 19, 2009
    South Jersey
    Thank you, you guys are so great. I told my dad about the egg thing, and he replied as, "Yes, but do we really have that kind of room?" How much space does it take to house 2-4 chickens? Not too much...I'm gonna show him your blog, lisahaschickens, and I'm gonna show him your pictures xxmrsbellxx. Thanks for the hug, and I love llamas!!

9. Lil_Chickadee

Lil_Chickadee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    WV
    [​IMG]

10. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    [​IMG]
    attack of the 50ft muscovies

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by