Can anyone from Western PA help me?! Please...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SterlingAcres, Aug 9, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    It didn't cross my mind to post here until just now... I know we have some western PA'ers here and I'm hoping someone can help me. [​IMG]

We relocated to Brookville for my husband's job 2 years ago. We had a gorgeous pitbull, black lab mixed female dog named Cheyenne. Sadly, when we moved, we could not take her with us. My husband took her to the shelter, since our relatives refused to watch her while we found a new place.

I've been searching petfinder for over a year now, I'm praying she wasn't put to sleep and has hopefully found a loving home. Please, if anyone has information on Cheyenne, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me. It really means the world to me, she was my first ever baby and I feel like I let her down.

She was born in 2003, was not fixed and had had a litter of pups previously. Attached are a few photos of her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Oh and she also smiles and gets 'excited pees' when she sees someone she really likes.

I realize it's late, I just really hope someone can help me. [​IMG]

3. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG]

4. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    COntact the shelter. If your husband turned her over (as opposed to just dropping her off on the doorstep) they should have a record. Most shelters try to get some history on the dogs so they tell people when they adopt them. If the dog was signed over, they would have a record of if and when she was adopted or if not, when she was put down.

Good Luck!
    You could try having someone put up flyers where you used to live or where the shelter is saying you just want to know what happened to her. Make it clear she wasn't stoloen and you're not trying to get her back, just want to know she's ok and you might get a response.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by