Can anyone give me a clue!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    How do I get my hubby to agree that we can make money from getting an incubator? He is saying no way to buying one and the one I want is the Hovabator 1588 but he doesn't think it's a good idea. Whey do you all use your incubators and can you easily sell any chicks you are not keeping? What are some other good reasons to get one??? I'm trying to talk him into it! lol HELP! He's worried were going to end up with hundreds of chicks we don't want and that I will be addicted to hatching chicks lol.

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    HAHAHAHA...addicted to hatching chicks!?! [​IMG] I haven't heard of a single person on here with THAT problem [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good luck though. Instead of asking DH to get me an expensive model... I took $30 and went and got stuff to build my own. See Miss Prissy's Chic chick 'bator.

3. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    If he's like my husband, he'll be just as hooked, if not MORE than you are. He emailed me today and said he cleaned out his incubator (HIS incubator) and got it set up and running again... he is the one encouraging me to hatch more now. He really enjoys watching it during the day.

And, it's always better to ask forgiveness, then permission [​IMG]

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Quote:I told my DH that and he was like "Oh no! What have you been reading? That's HORRIBLE advice!" [​IMG] [​IMG]

I still think it's a good bit of advice [​IMG]

5. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    You can make money off bators.

Ask your hubby this question:
    How do you think all the breeders and hatcheries get their baby birds? And they are raking in the dough.

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    HAHA I was actually one click away from ordering that bator BUT the angel on my shoulder pulled my ear! And I backed out at the last minute! whoever said that he will be just as hooked as I am is totally right! He is to a point already hooked BUT he's a save hound! All he wants to do is PAY the bill with out money! lol I have a feeling if I do my homework I will get my incubator. I just have to come up with some good reasons HOW I can make the money back that I spend on it. Do you have problems selling your chicks once hatched? I would think that there are people out there looking for some chicks that they don't have to order! LOL Just have to find them!

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Order some fancy fowl, breed them & them hatch their babies in the bator...

Oh & sell their eggs on this website! VIOLA! $$ from bator. [​IMG]

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

And, it's always better to ask forgiveness, then permission ;

HA! TOO true! Especially with poultry...or reptiles...or horses...[​IMG]

9. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Now I remember why I don't get married LOL I would just save my change til I had enough to buy my bator with my own money. If ya buy it with your own money what could he really say seeing as it is your saved money, and if you save change (what a better use for change) to do it who would be the wiser.

Here is hoping the hova fairy visits you soon (me too I am saving my change and any money found in the washer (rule is if it is found in the wash I get it)

10. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Our reason for purchasing one was because ordering chicks this year was double what it cost last year. Since we will be raising our birds for meat and eggs, we sell our chickens for meat which we made a good amount of money on them last year, and since we can hatch them whenever we want now, we can sell meat throughout the year. We can also raise our own birds year after year without having to pay money for day olds from a hatchery every spring, so buying the 1588 will be saving us money down the line. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by