1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can anyone guess the breed of my new bantam chicks? Pic heavy

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hennypenny99, Mar 22, 2012.

1. hennypenny99

hennypenny99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    I bought some new babies today at "At Woods" our farm store. They buy from Ideal Poultry. These guys were in the bantam box and I haven't a clue what they are.

#1 - I got 2 of these and I am wondering if they might be Golden Sebrights? That's what I am hoping anyways.
    [​IMG]

#2 Silver Sebright? But the wing feathers look more brownish than black?? Prob not sebright?
    [​IMG]

#3 I got 2 of these also. I don't have a clue as to what they are but my kids fell in love with these puff balls. They have really short wings and I think they are younger than the others? Could they be standards mixed in the bantam box or do they look bigger because they have so much fuzz? Sure are cute!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's some pics of the group. I already had the others and I know I have 1 silkie and maybe 2 more silkies or possibly sultans? I also have another chick that may be a mille fleur (sp?).

I would appreciate the guesses guys. Thanks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

i see a silkie, maybe a white sultan, a golden sebright, a porclin Duecll (SP) lol, possible wyandotte and maybe a blue lace red wyandotte chick

3. hennypenny99

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    Thanks! I'm going to go see what they look like as adults now. LOL I didnt know there were bantam wyandottes!

4. hennypenny99

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    I think you are right on the Porcelain. I went to murray mcmurray and my little one looks just like them!

5. Candycat

Candycat New Egg

Mar 22, 2012
    Do any have feathers on their feet/legs? If so, you may have cochins. Darling little chickens, very quiet. One looks like it could be a mille fleur, too. Also a tiny beauty that gives an egg a day! Enjoy, so fun to watch grow up.

6. hennypenny99

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    The bluish grey ones has feathered feet and I am 100% that's a silkie. The 2 tall white ones have feathered feet to and 5 toes so silkie or sultan. The little short squatty one has feathered feet too but no crest and looks like a porcelain. I will post updated pictures as they grow. I can't wait to see what they are. My father in law has some blue cochin bantams and they are really cute and lay fairly big brown eggs. Not quite as big as the Large eggs at the store but a nice medium sized egg.

7. hennypenny99

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    Thank you Steph, I think there is a very good chance the little ones in the first pic are a Dutch or BB RED Bantam. They look just like the Dutch pics on the feathersite link. All of these came from Ideal except for the blueish gray silkie and the possible Porcelain d'ulce (sp?) or Mille Fleur.

Here is a pic of the mille or porcelain? I feel pretty sure that is what it is because I bought them at my Orschelns and they buy from Eses Hatchery. Here is what Estes says about their bantams on their website......

Sold Assorted and straight run only... Breeds are as follows. Black Cochin, B.B. Red Old English, Buff Cochin, Golden Seabright, Millie Fleur, Partridge Cochin, Porcelain D'uccle, Black, White, and Blue Silkies, Silver Seabright, and White Black Tailed JapsSold Assorted and straight run only... Breeds are as follows. Black Cochin, B.B. Red Old English, Buff Cochin, Golden Seabright, Millie Fleur, Partridge Cochin, Porcelain D'uccle, Black, White, and Blue Silkies, Silver Seabright, and White Black Tailed Japs
    [​IMG]

He's the little short guy on the far left. LOL This pic makes me laugh, the other 3 look so scared and the little guy looks like he's saying "hey, what cha doing?" I thought the 2 middle ones that were from ideal might be sultan but their feet have started turning blue over the lst few days so I am thinking they might be pet quality silkies. They do still have yellowish beaks though.

I have been very impressed with the quality of the silkies I bought from Estes. I have gotten so many compliments on them. I wish you could order from them and get the breed you wan but I think they only sell bantams in assortments. That is okay though because my store gets them in most Fridays and I can get there early and pick what I want.
    [​IMG] I love living in the country!

8. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    Chick 3 is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. I got one just like it!

9. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

i think the chick in the first pic is eaither a Dutch Or an Old english BB Red.
    The other one thats small with feathered feet is for sure a D'uccle. i just dnt know the color for sure yet

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by