can anyone help me identify some chickens?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by beana1225, Jul 24, 2011.

1. beana1225

beana1225 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2008
    Jackson
    I have a couple chickens that I am not totally sure what breed they are. If I can figure out how to post a pic I will do so. Well I can not figure out how to post pics. I need to know what breed chicken has a black body and brown head. Also, I have what I think is a welsummer hen. But I have two roosters (I think) that have the same coloring as her. I think they are silver ameraucana??? And I have some black chickens that have white and brown feathers on their backs. If you know how I can post pics let me know. I have been a member since 08. But haven't posted pics

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:go to google and Type Image Bam
    [​IMG]

follow the instructions
    [​IMG]

now just copy the BBcode to your post
    [​IMG]

easy...[​IMG]

3. beana1225

Aug 5, 2008
    Jackson
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lets see if this works

4. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    The one colored similarly to a Welsummer appears to have dark legs. Wellies have yellow legs.
    I see what looks like a Black Sex-link, and a Cuckoo Marans. That's all I can tell. Can you get better pics?

5. beana1225

Aug 5, 2008
    Jackson
    I knew the cuckoo maran rooster. I believe the black one with a brown head is a black cooper. But I may be wrong. The welsummer look a like is the one I am confused about. Let me post one more pic and see if it helps. The other two in the pic has the exact same colors as her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    It would help a bunch if the pics were taken in better lighting. The one may be a Black Copper Marans pullet. Does she have feathered shanks? The so called Cuckoo Marans looks to be a cross or something else. Cuckoo Marans do not have yellow legs, their legs should be a whitish gray.

7. beana1225

Aug 5, 2008
    Jackson
    Went out today and got better pics. I still do not have a good pic of the one that looks like a welsummer. And the ones in the chicken tractor run to the back. So it is hard to get photos of them. We had a dog that came and killed our turkey and one chicken two weeks ago. He can not get the ones in the tractor. But he scared them to death. Taking a while to get them real friendly again. I am reposting new pics.

8. beana1225

Aug 5, 2008
    Jackson
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last two pics are the ones in the chicken tractor.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by